Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Faux Fur and Stripes

So it's looks like winter is on rewind temporarily.
I say temporarily because I know it will be back with a vengeance sooner or later.

We had cold weather and a bunch of snow...everyone was in a panic to get their snow tires on their vehicles and Christmas decorations started popping up earlier than normal. It felt like mid-December.
Now after a bunch of mild days we are back to seeing grass poking through and totally dry road conditions.
What?

I'm not complaining. I much prefer being able to walk around in a long sleeved shirt and a scarf in November.



I saw this fur scarf at Indigo (yes, the bookstore) and snapped it up immediately.
Literally no where is safe anymore. I used to be able to go into Walmart to buy groceries and now I always have to drag myself out of the outwear section because they have so many cute jackets. I used to be able to go to Costco for the same reason...food...and last time I was there I was rifling through stacks of cozy sweaters.
 Now I can't even go into bookstores without finding things I didn't go there for!




I had put myself on an official "no more bags" ban after I got my Danier Leather one a few months ago, buuuut then I ended up winning some money from a radio contest! So instead of doing the responsible thing and saving it, I bought myself the bag I had been eyeing.
I really love Marc Jacobs bags. I think they are great quality and I love the leather. The color of this one is what really got me.


Shirt: Jules and Leopold via Marshalls // Leggings: Nine West via Steinmart // Scarf: Indigo (Option) (Option)// Bag: Marc Jacobs // Watch: Michael Kors // Boots: Spring (Option) (Option) // Sunnies: Ray-Ban 

Shop The Post:




9 comments:

  1. Ahh I've been wanting a faux fur snood! Haha I can't believe you found it in a bookstore! I love how you paired it with the stripes. And that bag is GORGEOUS!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlin! I hadn't really been looking for one but then I saw it and had to get it. It was affordable too! :)

      Delete
  2. I need that scarf!!! I was at Chapters/Indigo twice last week and I can't believe I didn't see it. I love that place, I can spend hours looking at their home stuff and their stationary section. Love all their Kate Spade stuff as well. Also - in LOOOVE with that bag!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Their home decor and stationary is out of control...love everything. All of the holiday stuff is great!
      The scarf is available online if you can't find it in stores. :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks so pretty straight! (Well, and curled! But it's a nice change!).
    PS, love the bag!

    XO,
    Leanne
    http://fresh-season.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cozy style!! By the way, what a cute bag you got there!

    Visiting from the linkup. Would you fancy following each other on GFC or other social networks? I'd love to keep up with your posts. Just let me know if you're interested.
    www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the combination of the stripes with the faux fur scarf. I think it's the colour combo that really makes this perfect.


    I also really love your bag. Aside from black, burgundy is my favourite colour for a fall/winter bag.

    xoxo Jackie
    SomethingAboutThat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jackie!

      I agree about the bag color. I didn't have one in rich color like this which is why I loved it as soon as I saw it. For some reason Marc Jacobs calls the bag "cinnamon brown" which I thought was weird!

      Delete