Friday, February 7, 2014

Faux Fur and a Pop of Red

Happy Friday!

Today I'm styling one of my winter wardrobe staples: my faux fur vest.
I know a lot of people are looking ahead to spring, and while I am excited for the day I get to once again bust out all of my pastel coloured items, I am fully aware that winter is far from over. This is Canada, let's not forget. 
With that in mind, I'm going to keep making the most of layers while I can!



I love the jewel details on this blouse. I am all for statement necklaces any day of the week, but sometimes change is good. Jewelled collars or statement earrings can be a nice way to add some sparkle to an outfit without a big necklace, and I love it!



I borrowed this bag from my mom for this outfit, I thought it was the perfect pop of colour that this look needed! Yet another Danier Leather find. 


Vest: Simons (old) (Option) // Blouse: Jay Manuel (Option) (Option) // Denim: Rock and Republic //
Watch: Charming Charlie (Option) // Bracelet: Charming Charlie //
Bag: Danier Leather (Option) // Boots: Target (sold out) (Option)




As always, thanks for reading!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

7 comments:

  1. You look fabulous!! I am from Ohio and its freezing--but I figure if its going to be cold then you gotta wear fur :) And you look wonderful in it!

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tori! I agree. Hope it warms up for you soon!

      Delete
  2. I've yet to pull the trigger on a faux fur vest, but between all the blog posts I see with them, I don't know why.. They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked forever for one...this one is actually like a sweater in the back so it's not totally fur everywhere which I think is what sold me on it. I had trouble styling it for a while but it's actually fun to pair with lots of things! Might be worth picking one up now when they all go on sale! :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty! Loving the neutrals with the pop of red!

    <3 Shannon
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the pop of red! I also have been embracing my faux fur vest in this ridiculously cold winter.

    http://littlemacbook.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete