Friday, February 14, 2014

Little Red Dress

Happy Valentines Day!
Don't forget to enter to win $1,000 in PayPal cash! Today is the last day!

I decided to celebrate Love Day by wearing my favourite colour in the form of a perfect red dress.
I know the rule is that every woman should have a "little black dress" hanging in her closet, but I say it should be a red one. 



I got this dress from Jacob on the clearance rack, and it was one of those ones where it didn't look like much on the hanger...but I tried it on anyway because I loved the colour. Turns out, it looked great on! The neckline reminded me of something Joan from Mad Men would wear. 

I also happened across it when I wasn't really looking for a dress at all, which is when I seem to have the best luck finding them. Come wedding season, I feel like dress shopping is always a nightmare.
My advice: buy the dress even if you don't have anywhere to wear it right away. 



Because this dress is so bright on it's own, I decided to keep my jewelry more subtle. I chose my Forever 21 chain link necklace, my Kate Spade watch and my Stella and Dot renegade bracelet. 
The only thing missing? The perfect belt


Dress: Jacob (Option) (Option) // Clutch: Accessorize (Option) // Necklace: Forever 21 (old) (Option) //
Watch: Kate Spade // Bracelet: Stella and Dot // Heels: Audrey Brooke (Option) (Option)


Disclaimer: Always avoid trying to take photos with cute balloons when it's windy.
Hardest task of all time.

Hope everyone's day is filled with love!

12 comments:

  1. You look adorable--that dress is killer on you!! Totally Joan from Mad Men. Hope you have a fabulous Valentines day:)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tori. Hope you had a great Valentines too!

      Delete
  2. OMG this dress looks like it was made for you! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way! I was so glad I tried it on. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. The hem on that dress is amazing! So pretty. You look fabulous! Red is a great color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely red dress and gorgeous clutch...you look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look very pretty, cute pics :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about getting a device which can tracks all your fitness stuffs. Buy the best fitness tracker in India. best fitness band in india

    ReplyDelete