Monday, October 21, 2013

Blanket Scarf Casual

I own about 100 scarves.
I wish this was an exaggeration, but it truly isn't.
Over the years I have collected them myself, received them as gifts, inherited them from my mom...the list goes on. 
So, with that ridiculous number in mind, I battled with myself for a while before buying the Zara blanket scarf.
However, when it came in the mail, there wasn't any buyers remorse.
It's a perfect fall/winter closet addition that I will wear a lot.






Scarf Disclaimer: It is enormous.
The first time I wore it, my family asked me if I was wearing a blanket. 
To be honest, it is like wearing a blanket! It is appropriately named, if nothing else.
Personally I just wrap it around my neck once and pull the ends down the front like any other scarf. Then I sort of tug on it until it loosens up and feels comfortable.

My adorable friend Whitley has a tutorial up on her blog that shows a few ways to wear it! Find it here.

Scarf: Zara // Sweater: Simons // Jeans: 7Seven via Winners // Boots: Candies via Kohls (old)  (Option(Option// 
Bangles: Charming Charlie // Watch: Charming Charlie // Sunnies: Ray-Ban

The Instagram community is organizing another "how we wear it" day on November 1 - this time it will be with this scarf. I'm really looking forward to seeing how everyone wears it, plus it's great for style inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. I truly love this scarf and have been eyeing it since it started popping up on Insta at the beginning of the season. Here's the thing: I have literally zero use for it in Florida. I LOVE wearing scarves and I wear them frequently, but most of the 50+ I have are summer weight. As much as I adore the Zara blanket, I'm going to continue to adore it vicariously through you and my other Insta friends. *sniffle*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we do a good job for you! I hear you though...I never wears scarves in summer so it wouldn't make any sense for me to buy one either if it was that warm here all year. Unfortunately it's going to get super cold here soon so it will come in handy for me!

      Delete
  2. That scarf is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be! I paid like almost $50 for my tattered flag scarf from Free People and while it's BIG, it isn't thick at all. Anyway, cute look! I wish it would cool off here. (I'm tired of saying that but it's true, haha.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sooooooon it will....and when it does I want to see more of your aforementioned flag scarf!

      Delete