I'm lucky to be collaborating with the adorable Breck from Whim of the South today!
To kick off the week, we decided to show off how we style our oh-so versatile military pieces for fall.
To kick off the week, we decided to show off how we style our oh-so versatile military pieces for fall.
I love Breck's look for so many reasons. As much as I love patterns and bold colors, I have really loved neutrals this fall, and Breck's look, completed by her great Kate Spade bag, is just that. I feel like this outfit could work for so many different occasions!
Breck chose to wear her vest with a white blouse which has great little details on it! Pairing the two gives off a casual but feminine vibe which I love.
For more of her outfit details, check out her blog!
As for me, I decided to pair my military style jacket with my leopard scarf.
I got this scarf on eBay for $6 and it is one of my favorites...it's huge and can be worn tons of different ways. For this look I chose to tie the ends and wear it as an infinity scarf.
I searched and searched for this kind of jacket in stores last fall, but couldn't find one I liked. Just when I had given up, I found this one hanging in my sisters closet of all places. She had had it for a long time and never really wore it, so being the great sister she is, she gave it to me! I have worn it tons.
Instances like these make it hard for me to part with things when I downsize my closet...because there's always a chance they will be back in style. In this case, I'm happy my sister kept it instead of donating it.
Jacket: Bluenotes (old) (Option) (Option) // Tee: Gap (old) // Scarf: Ebay // Purse: Winners //
Bracelets: Stella and Dot and Buffalo // Watch: Michael Kors // Sunnies: Ray-Ban
Bracelets: Stella and Dot and Buffalo // Watch: Michael Kors // Sunnies: Ray-Ban
Huge thanks to Breck for suggesting we collaborate. Make sure you check out Whim of the South to see more of her cute ensembles!
Have a great week!




Loved getting to work with you!
ReplyDeletexx
Breckenridge Clare
www.whimofthesouth.com
The military style is one that I love for fall, so I adore both of your outfits!
ReplyDeletexoxo Jackie
SomethingAboutThat
Thank you so much Jackie!!
DeleteI love both of these looks! Ashton, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love following your Instagram. I'm glad I finally have some spare time to check out your ACTUAL blog! Love it!
ReplyDeleteKaitlin
www.teaandsequins.com
Thank you so much for stopping by Kaitlin! Means a lot to me! I will find you and follow you back!
Delete:)