Quite by accident I have now done three posts in a row featuring something red.
I think we have identified my go-to winter colour.
Also, yes, I am admitting it is winter here now. Time to bundle up.
I inherited my love of red from my mom. It's her favorite, not only by the evidence in her closet, but by how often she simply says "I just love red."
I think it's flattering, especially in dresses, and it seems to go well with my skin tone. Second to black, I think its the colour I feel the most comfortable in.
So leave it up to a red coat to be the centerpiece for my first (admitted) winter outfit post of 2013.
This coat is from Canadian retailer, Cleo, two seasons ago.
I got it on sale right before Christmas, and went for it not only because of the colour and the price, but because of the classic style. When I shop for jackets I always try to think ahead a few years and decide if it will still be in style.
I'm still in love with this bag I got from Danier Leather a couple of months ago.
It's now marked down to $99...well worth a splurge if you're looking for a versatile yet chic bag to carry this winter.
Coat: Cleo (old) // Bag: Danier Leather (Option) (Option) // Necklace: J.Crew Factory //
Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelet: Stella and Dot // Boots: Steve Madden (old) (Option) (Option)
Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelet: Stella and Dot // Boots: Steve Madden (old) (Option) (Option)
Red Coat Love:
No more red for a while now, promise. What is your comfort color?






I'm with you...black (but I think most people would say that) and RED!
ReplyDeleteYep, black always comes first and then red. Followed by cobalt! :)
DeleteI just love deep colors like the color of your coat whether it's red or cobalt or plum or something similar. Of course Black is always a classic!
ReplyDeleteI really like the bag! In your opinion, is the leather of good quality?
ReplyDeleteJen
www.lifeunrefined.com
Hi Jen,
DeleteYea it's great quality! I have carried it a lot and it was softened up really nicely. Recommend for sure.
I love Red, Red and oh yes…..Red! That is my favorite go to color for shoes, bags, jackets, tops…….I love red!
ReplyDeleteYay! Me too. I don't have enough of it though!
DeleteI love red in the winter! Thanks for the tips on where to find a good coat too! I have been searching and cant find anything I love. You have some good picks! Blessings, Susan
ReplyDeleteThankk you for being you
ReplyDelete