Monday, December 9, 2013

How We Wear Leopard for the Holidays

As easy as it is to make a bee-line toward sequins or ugly Christmas sweaters when dressing for events this time of year, sometimes it's fun to work in non-traditional patterns during the holiday season! So, I have teamed up with Paige of Life's a Party, Dress Like It! to show how leopard can make for a fun holiday outfit. 


I love how Paige paired her leopard print top from Francesca's with her pearl necklace and white skirt. She did a fabulous job of working in a non-traditional holiday print with some more classic holiday pieces. She looks totally party ready!


My favorite element of her look was the great top, but the sparkly belt was a close second!


For more details about Paige's outfit, be sure to check out her blog

As for me, I chose to include leopard in my outfit with my accessories. 


I love love love the Clare Vivier leopard foldover clutch. However, I don't carry clutches enough to justify the price of it. So, when Gap came out with this one for just $50, I snapped it up without a second thought. 


While I felt that mixing in leopard for the holidays was a fun twist, I couldn't resist incorporating a couple of traditional picks...some bling and gold! 




Blazer: Bluenotes (old) (Option) // Top: H&M (old) (Option) // Leggings: Forever 21 // Necklace: J.Crew Factory (old)
Bracelets: Stella and Dot and J.Crew Factory // Sunnies: Ray-Ban // Clutch: Gap (sold out) (Option) (Option) // Shoes: Target (Option) (Option




Would you try to work leopard into your holiday attire, or stick to the classics?

Special thanks to Paige for suggesting we collaborate! Remember to stop by Life's A Party, Dress Like It!
Have a great week.


3 comments:

  1. Absolutely loved collaborating with you! Your look is simply stunning!

    xoxo,
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your look! I have so much leopard...I need leather leggings in my life now!!

    ReplyDelete