Friday, December 6, 2013

Winter White

I know there is a written rule about white after Labour Day. 
While I agree with this rule on some levels (shoes....bags...pants), I can't get on board with this rule for cozy white sweaters and white blouses with fabulous lace details like this one from Target.



I liked this blouse as soon as I saw it. 
I thought it looked a little more "luxe" than the usual Target blouses.


I snagged this necklace from Mindy Mae's Market during one of their quick sales on Instagram!
I can honestly say it is my favorite statement necklace right now. I have worn it so much and received compliments on it every time. 


Shirt: Target // Pants: Calvin Klein // Shoes: Spring (old) (Option) (Option) // Bag: Danier Leather (Option) // Necklace: Mindy Mae's Market // Bracelets: Stella and Dot and J.Crew Factory // Watch: Michael Kors



I would have to say that my personal rule is actually no mint after Labour Day. I haven't worn a single mint green thing since the leaves changed colour. Mint feels like a spring thing to me!
Do you make any exceptions for white in winter? Or do you keep to the no white rule?

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Ashton I LOVE the shoes! They add the perfect little pop of color to your outfit!

    xx
    Breckenridge Clare
    www.whimofthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! I live in a warm winter climate (rarely dips below 60), so i think it's alright to wear white or even mint, as long as the rest of the outfit looks more fall/winter appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! We get a lot of snow here so I find that white/mint blends right in but I would wear mint year round if I lived somewhere warm! :)

      Delete
  3. So cute!! Saw this top in Target the other day and almost bought it! It looks amazing on you and those heels are perfect with it!

    <3 Shannon'
    upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete