I don't know about you, but finding solid plans for going out on New Years Eve always seems to be a challenge here, whether it's because there's nothing going on, there's too many places to be or because I just end up going to the Calgary Flames home game that happens every year on the 31st.
Keeping this in mind, this year I decided to try three different outfits that could work for three different kinds of NYE celebrations, so depending on where I end up going, I have an outfit planned!
Here is #1:
I have never owned a sequin skirt in my life, but this year I decided I wanted to get one. At first I went looking for gold or silver, but I was never really happy with how any of them looked.
Then, I saw this one at Gap Factory and I liked that it was sequinned but neutral at the same time. Plus, it was marked down to $22, and I had a coupon for an extra 40% off. Sold!
I decided to pair the skirt with a comfy sweater to create a dressed down look, but kept my statement necklace to make it fun. I feel like I could wear this to a variety of places or events and still look right for the night. Plus, it's likely to be cold here, and dressing for the weather is something I always do whether I'll be spending the night inside or not.
A tip from a friend on Instagram led me to this fabulous necklace...it's a perfect J.Crew dupe. I got it for $16 including shipping! Only catch was that it took a few weeks because it came from China, but my patience paid off. I love it!
Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelet: Groopdealz - old (option) // Bag: Marc Jacobs // Boots: Spring
Coming up tomorrow is a dressed up NYE look, followed by a casual look on Sunday.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!







prefect look for NYC, I bet you were cold stand outside in the snow
ReplyDeleteThis is a NYE outfit that's right up my alley. I'm all about the subtle style, and not the super crazy decked out looks that just won't work any other time of the year.
ReplyDeleteThat necklace is super cute too!
xoxo Jackie
Something About That
Love this look!! That skirt with those boots look gorgeous!!
ReplyDelete<3 Shannon
Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com