I spent this past weekend in my boyfriend's hometown in southern Saskatchewan. Unfortunately we were there under sad circumstances, as his grandma passed away, but we made the most of it by catching up with his family and celebrating her long, full life (she was almost 90!)
Every time we are in Saskatchewan, I make a point of cruising up and down the back roads (well, let's face it, most of the roads are back roads as it's a rural area...) looking for abandoned houses, as photographing them is my favorite hobby. I have tons of abandoned places photography on my Flickr if you want to check it out!
There are tons of houses in the area if you know where to look, and we have found lots of them in the past. This weekend we didn't have much time to search for any, but we did find a really cool old schoolhouse that was built in 1906.
Every time we are in Saskatchewan, I make a point of cruising up and down the back roads (well, let's face it, most of the roads are back roads as it's a rural area...) looking for abandoned houses, as photographing them is my favorite hobby. I have tons of abandoned places photography on my Flickr if you want to check it out!
There are tons of houses in the area if you know where to look, and we have found lots of them in the past. This weekend we didn't have much time to search for any, but we did find a really cool old schoolhouse that was built in 1906.
According to the sign out front, this school was last used in 1958. It's made of wood, but it has siding that makes it look like brick. The only thing that is actually brick is the chimney.
The place is obviously really well cleaned out, but I loved that you could still see where the chalkboard used to be on the wall.
I got this coat from Devin for Christmas and I love it. Buffalo check is a great pattern and the price was right.
We found it in an unlikely place: Bass Pro Shops!
Coat: Bob Timberlake via Bass Pro Shops (sold out, possibly available in store) (option) // Scarf: Little Burgundy (old) (option) (option) // Leggings: Nine West // Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelets: Stella and Dot (here and here) // Boots: L.L. Bean
Sorry for the lack of posts lately, I am still battling inclement weather (mostly the wind...wind makes for pretty ridiculous pictures) and the lack of daylight around here.
I'm counting the days until the sun is up past 4:30 again!








Gurl. I went to Bass Pro the other night and I found a blazer AND a skirt. I was shocked. This coat is adorable!
ReplyDeleteRandom right? There were a few vests and sweaters I would have bought too!
DeleteSorry for you boyfriends loss. Also what a fun place to take pictures at.
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot Amy!
DeleteSorry for your loss. Did something happen to your instagram account? It looks like all your posts are gone?
ReplyDeleteLooks normal to me! Someone mentioned earlier that my posts aren't showing up in their feed. Maybe unfollow and refollow and maybe that will help!
DeleteI tried and it is not working. Is it possible that you are blocking me? this is very weird.
DeleteI wonder if it has something to do with the giveaway you had. Same thing is happening with misschrisycharms It says "no posts yet" and it gives me option to "follow", but when I click on "follow", it briefly says "following" but goes back to blue "follow".
DeleteIt's a possibility....after a giveaway I tend to block people who unfollow me as soon as the winner is announced to make sure they don't enter any future ones....I think Chrisy does the same. If you think this happened in error, e-mail me (ashtonlfaulkner@gmail.com) and I will look for your username and see if you're blocked.
DeleteI am so obsessed with buffalo check plaid lately! This coat is no exception!
ReplyDeleteJulia
Glitterandjuls.com
What a cute little school house!! I have a weird thing for old houses too! I just love history! That coat is seriously so dang cute LOVE buffalo check and I can't believe you found it at Bass Pro Shop! Maybe I know what to use my husband's bass pro gift card on (thats been sitting in his wallet for a year)! :)
ReplyDelete<3 Shannon
upbeatsoles.blogspot.com
So sorry to hear about the loss :(
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are beautiful and the coat is amazing!
Michelle
oatsandbows.com