After 43 days and 30 outfits, I have successfully completed the Closet Remix Challenge!
Here is my last one:
Here is my last one:
Sweater: J.Crew Factory (old) // Leggings: Nine West
Bracelets: Stella and Dot and Adorned Boutique // Watch: Kate Spade // Flats: Tory Burch
Bracelets: Stella and Dot and Adorned Boutique // Watch: Kate Spade // Flats: Tory Burch
It was actually not as tough as I was expecting it to be, to be completely honest. I think it was because I have tons of winter clothes to choose from already and for most of the challenge it was cold outside! Even though I did go shopping a few times, most of the time I didn't really feel like I was missing out on anything. I felt like I got lucky though, as most of the stores seemed to be in transition from winter to spring and that there was not much in stock that I felt like I really needed to buy.
In the end, I created 30 new outfits and only repeated a few items (mostly handbags and bracelets), I found some new friends to follow on Instagram via the challenge, and I majorly curbed my spending habits for six weeks.
I will admit that I did cheat a couple of times, as I bought a pair of boots (but they were to die for), I some blazers while thrifting, the infamous sequin collared plaid shirt from Target (for $5 though!), a red clutch to carry on Valentines Day ($20 at Indigo), and I wore a few c/o items along the way which is a bit of cop out.
So to sum up: more successes than failures.








Truth is, I'm going to keep going with the challenge for a while. I have a trip to Phoenix planned at the beginning of March, and because the shopping down there is about 300 times better than here (zero exaggeration) I will be doing some shopping while I'm there to update my spring wardrobe, but besides that, I'm going to keep wearing what I have because my closet is full of perfectly good things.
If you have never attempted the Closet Remix Challenge, you should give it a try! It's a good personal no-spend challenge, it's a good way to see what's hidden in your closet that you forgot about, and it's a good way to weed out the things you don't wear anymore...whether you choose to document it on the Internet or Instagram or not!
I did it last year right around this time too, and it's actually what got me started on sharing my #ootd's on Instagram in the first place...and now a year later I am doing something I always wanted to do...blogging! It might just be the jump start you need if you've been contemplating sharing your style with the world.






















Congrats on finishing. great recap
ReplyDeleteThose outfits are all so cute!! You inspired me to make a shopping trip this weekend ;)
ReplyDeletexo, B
www.BKCsquared.com
This is quite the achievement! I was doing well with curbing my spending, but with the new pieces coming out for spring, I've started to cave just a little bit.
ReplyDeletexo Jackie
Something About That
Great job! You did fantastic! I've loved your outfits on Instagram. I'm curious about this challenge but I'm not sure I could pull it off. My style has literally done a 180 in the past 2 years, so lots of my old clothes I can't imagine wearing now - guess this means I should do a closet cleanout instead!
ReplyDelete