Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Plaid & Elbow Patches

The season of layering and rich, dark colours (admittedly my favourites) will soon be over, so I'm taking advantage of it while there's still time! 

I found this blazer at the thrift store for $5.99...it was one of my Closet Remix Challenge cheats that I had to have. Herringbone and elbow patches were everywhere this winter and I was obsessed, so to find the two together, in a blazer, in my size, at the thrift store...was something I considered a gift from the fashion gods...so I had to buy it.
 I decided to pair it with some plaid and one of my favourite bags for today's look.






I got this Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac on mega sale on Black Friday. It was sent to a wrong address somewhere in Ontario before it finally made it's way to me almost five weeks after I bought it...longest wait ever! 
I had been pining over these bags for a long time and was going to go with a black one, but when I saw this colour (Port), I changed my mind! I love it.

Blazer: Joe Fresh, thrifted (Option) // Plaid: J.Crew Factory (Option) // 
Denim: Calvin Klein // Bag: Rebecca Minkoff // Earring: J.Crew Factory // 
Bracelets: c/o Ellie's Sparkles, J.Crew, Stella & Dot // Boots: Vince Camuto (Option)

I'm going to miss blazers, plaid buttons downs, and oxblood when spring finally arrives.
What are you going to miss?

7 comments:

  1. I'm loving those elbow patches on that jacket, and I didn nb not expect the boots to have that burst of sequins at the bottom. I am now wanting those boots, how cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love these boots....happened across them at Winners/Marshall's of all places and had to have them!

      Delete
  2. I love everything about this look! The elbow patches, the plaid, and of course the glitter!

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete