Monday, August 26, 2013

Dressing Up Dots

In an attempt to get over a serious case of the Monday's, I'm featuring one of my favorite prints: polka dots!
If I walk into a store and see anything with polka dots, I make a beeline for it immediately. I think it is one of the simplest yet best prints there is.

I saw this skirt at Target on clearance for $12 and had to have it, but then I spent weeks trying to decide what to pair with it. I searched high and low for something "flowy" to go with it. Flowy meaning a nice, simple white top that wouldn't take away from the polka dots. I failed and the skirt was relocated to the back of the closet.

Then I saw a collaborative blog post featuring this skirt by three of my favorite bloggers: Bethany from Perfectly Coutured, Renee from Style with a Story and Meghan from Everyday Fashion and Finance.
Meghan paired her skirt with a red eyelet top, also from Target. A light blub came on! I had the same shirt already hanging in my closet in white.
Lesson learned, I was trying to keep it too simple.
Thanks for the inspiration girls!


Top: Target, old (similarsimilar) / Skirt: Target / Watch: Fossil / Bracelet: J.Crew / Bag: Kate Spade / Shoes: Spring




I snagged this bag from Nordstrom Rack while on vacation in Chicago.
If we had Nordstrom Rack in Canada I would be in serious financial trouble - I love that store!




Hope everyone has a fabulous week!


2 comments:

  1. LOVE the Kate Spade bag! Fierce colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the skirt, and cutest bag ever! <3 Jesika jesikaraestyle.com

    ReplyDelete