Friday, September 27, 2013

Casual Sophisticated

So fall is officially here, and Calgary didn't waste any time getting to the cool temperatures.
A few mornings this week it was below freezing already.
I just want fall leaves and moderate, sweater weather type temps...can we have that for a couple of weeks please Canada? THANKS!

I am admittedly jealous of all of my insta bff's who are in the southern states and are still wearing shorts. 
Jealousy aside, I do love fall fashion. Especially blazers.


When I was putting this outfit together...it felt like there were too many elements or like I was adding too much. But, I think everything came together nicely and I learned that I should probably stop second guessing myself. 
I call this look "casual sophisticated" because I would wear it to work but I was also wear it for something casual...except maybe with flats instead!





I got this scarf from Sole Society a few months ago. I actually only bought it because I wanted to bump up the full cost of my order (when I was getting my studded pumps) to get the free shipping. I actually saved myself money on the order by getting the scarf because shipping is that expensive to good ol' Canada. 
Anyway, I'm glad I got it and it's nicer in person - it's a really neutral plaid that goes with everything!



Blazer: Jacob (similar) (similar) // Tee: Gap // Jeans: Rock and Republic via Nordstrom Rack // Scarf: Sole Society (similar) // Pumps: Guess via Marshalls // Bag: Michael Kors // Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelets: J.Crew and J.Crew Factory

As always, thanks for reading. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Photography by Kimberley Massey

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh, I like that scarf! Of the 30 scarves that I have, I don't have a traditional leopard print or neutral scarf. How did that happen. Need to remedy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're missing my two scarf essentials! Hahaha.

      I recommend this one for the leo scarf. It's big, it can be tied as an infinity scarf easily, and the pattern is great. Plus it's basically free if you're willing to wait for it to arrive:
      http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Fashion-Sexy-Womens-Leopard-Print-Cotton-Long-Shawl-Scarf-Wrap-Stole-Sale-/171125643215?pt=US_Scarves_Wraps&hash=item27d7e217cf&_uhb=1

      Delete
  2. You definitely were right not to take off any element to this outfit! I love that scarf and I love Sole Society! Your hair looks great and the entire outfit came together beautifully. Now if we would just get some cooler weather down here in FL... I tried to wear a summer weight (but fall colored) scarf the other day and ended up ripping it off before lunch because I was so hot!

    ReplyDelete