Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend in the Mountains

Rather than dwelling on the fact that is unfortunately Monday once again, I'm going to reflect back on a great weekend!

Considering views like this are just over an hour down the road, I don't spend enough time in the mountains.  I really wanted to make it up there to get pictures of the amazing fall colors this year, and luckily Devin and I got a great weekend when both of us had no plans, so we spent some time in arguably the two most beautiful towns this province has to offer - Banff and Canmore.


Took a hike up Grassi Lake trail near Canmore. It was a really easy hike with great views.


 Canmore from the trail. I didn't take any pictures in Banff because I have been there so often! I try not to take the place for granted but clearly I do. 



The trail crossed lots of little freshwater streams. Hard to believe these were the source of all of the crazy flooding we had here earlier this year. 


My Saturday outfit: 

Vest: J.Crew Factory (sold out but possibly available in stores) (similar) // Shirt: Old Navy (old) // Scarf: eBay (Amazing and crazy cheap!) // Leggings: Nine West via Steinmart // Boots: Payless (old) (similar) // Bracelet: J.Crew (sold out) // Sunnies: Rayban

Used my best friend Auto Timer to snap a picture of us on Sunday!


As beautiful as it was up there - it was a few degrees colder too. I'm happy to be back at a lower altitude with milder fall temperatures..I'm seriously not ready for my thick coats yet!

I had a few people on Instagram say how much they would love to visit Banff and I was surprised by how many people were familiar with it! It's easy to forget it's world renowned. If anyone has an questions about it (from a local perspective) that the interwebs can't answer - don't hesitate to e-mail me!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. You guys are so cute! And I'm jealous of the mountains. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Stunning photos, and you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete