Thursday, September 5, 2013

Magnificent Mint

The stores are beginning to fill up with fabulous blazers in tweed with elbow patches all the way to burgundy and emerald green. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but before I kiss all of my summer colors goodbye in favor of fall colors, I would like to pay respect to my favorite color of summer: mint.

I found this blazer at The Bay back in June, but I never wore it. I put it on multiple times but ended up taking it off in favor of something cooler because the weather was just too warm to wear it.
Well, with a few weeks of official summer left but with the daytime temperatures dipping just a little, I decided to give this blazer a day out before my whole closet turns from mint and white to camel and black.

This outfit is inspired by Tara at Mix and Match Fashion.
Saw her look on Pinterest and loved it!

Blazer: Allison Daley via The Bay / Blouse: Urban Planet (old) (similar) (similar) / Pants: Nine West (old) /
Clutch: Accessorize / Watch: Michael Kors / Bracelet: Craftistikone on Etsy / Shoes: Sole Society




These pumps are one of my favorite purchases as of late. They are a mid heel so they are easy to walk in, and they are crazy comfortable. The shopping addict in me really wanted to get them in black too, but I talked myself out of it. 
Highly recommend!


Anyone who follows me on Instagram knows that I am challenging myself not to spend in September!
My online shopping habit got a little out of hand in July and August, so it was time for an intervention. 
If you have been feeling guilty about how many packages have been arriving at your door lately, try the challenge yourself! You might be surprised how many pairs of shoes and sweaters are being neglected in your closet. 

As always, thanks for reading!

Photography by Kimberley Massey.

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the challenge with you, but having issues cutting my shopping cold turkey.....especially with all the target shirts on sale this week!! :/ Ugh!! You could probably bring that blazer into fall with a cute plaid underneath or something fun and fall!! I'm not ready to give up my fun summer colors either.....and as far as I'm concerned, blazers are fall staples!! It doesn't have to be just black or navy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Corey!

      I have such a hard time working my spring/summer colors in to my fall wardrobe but I will have to try it. I am too obsessed with dark colors like burgundy to try new things during the fall HAHAHA!

      I am feeling the pressure with the No Spend challenge for sure...I think it has been easier for me here in Canadaland because Target doesn't have any of their fall stuff in yet. I think I am going to make one exception so I can get one of the Phillip Lim bags though! The money has already been set aside so I figure it's not cheating...at least that's what I'm telling myself!

      -Ashton

      Delete
  2. I love this mint and polka dot combo, too cute! Good luck with the no shopping challenge, I don't think I could do it again! lol

    xo Bethany
    www.perfectlycoutured.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this style shoe a lot online and Insta. One girl I saw found them in a flats version. I looooove them in the flats. I should go back and see if I can find out what brand they are. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete