Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pinspiration

If I have something in my closet that I love, but I have no idea how to style it, I either turn to Instagram or to Pinterest to get ideas. 
I am still discovering my style and what works for me, so it's not always easy to just pair things together and know if it looks good. Not to mention I don't always have the time for outfit planning!

My mint cap toe shoes were another one of those things I had, but didn't know what to wear them with. Then during a Pinterest scroll session, I found a picture that gave me perfect inspiration for how to wear them:


My version:

Sweater: Old Navy (old) (similar) (similar) / Jeans: Seven7 via Steinmart (Available on Amazon) / Clutch: Tory Burch (old) (similar) (similar) / Necklace: Bootlegger / Watch: Michael Kors /  Bracelet: Stella and Dot / Shoes: Chinese Laundry via Winners (Available on eBay and Amazon)


I bought this clutch second hand for an absolute steal. I take the time to cruise Kijiji for designer stuff when I have money to spare. Kijiji is a website really similar to Craigslist (but way better!) and it is really popular in Canada - I don't think very many US cities have it. I have found so many great items on there that it makes it tough for me to buy stuff for full retail price!


My mom bought me these shoes at Winners after she heard me obsessing over the Target cap toe shoes earlier this year (this was back when Target wasn't in Canada yet.) Needless to say I am fortunate to have her as my retail partner in crime and I am happy she picked these up for me.


So, the shoes got a day out after gathering dust for months.
As for me thinking I didn't have anything to wear with them...wrong again Ashton!

Have a great Wednesday.


Photography by Kimberley Massey.

7 comments:

  1. Sigh. I wish I had more excuses to wear heels. My work is so casual that I'd look like a goof wearing heels. I've got a pair of leopard heels that are pretty comfy. You look cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! No one wears heels to work so most of the time I take them off and wear flats at the office. I feel overdressed here a lot of the time!

      Delete
  2. ^^^ seconding Erin here unfortunately. :(

    I absolutely love the color of your captoe heels! Love your take on the pin.

    -Tugba
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/blushbazaar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this! Those shoes are a great find! Love how this outfit really make them pop. And I adore that Tory burch clutch!!

    xoxox, Shelby Jewel
    www.thememphisjewel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty look, great take on your inspiration. Especially LOVE your shoes.

    ReplyDelete