So yesterday was "National Herringbone Vest Day" for the Instagram world, where everyone showed off how they chose to style the infamous Herringbone Vest from J.Crew.
For someone on the outside looking in, it probably seemed like a huge clone movement where everyone was wearing and/or obsessing over having the exact same article of clothing.
While it could definitely could have gone that way, it didn't, because everyone is so diverse in how they style things! I was amazed by how many ways the vest (or lookalikes of it) were worn.
Here is how I wore mine yesterday:
Paired with a pink gingham button down from Joe Fresh (old) and my Iced Tassle Necklace from Mint Sugar Boutique.
I absolutely loved how everyone styled theirs, but there were a few that definitely stood out and were totally fall fashion inspiring. It was really tough to narrow down all of my favorites I saw yesterday, but after much deliberation I chose my top four outfits from Herringbone Vest Day:
I absolutely loved how Amy styled her vest with chambray and a skirt. I thought it was perfect pattern mixing! Her ensemble also really showed how the vest can be dressed up or dressed down!
Find Amy on Instagram: @amie_nichole
I have really been struggling for ways to incorporate bright colors into my fall wardrobe, but seeing Meghan pair her vest with this amazing shade of pink gave me so much inspiration! Also loved how she included the pearls!
Check out Meghan's blog or find her on on Instagram: @meghancrane
I am all about plaid right now, so I loved how Peg styled her vest! I really liked how she incorporated her bling and included another fall staple: boots! Immediate outfit envy.
Check out Peg's blog and find her on Instagram: @peghinds
Last but not least, I loved Preeti's layering! The stripes and chambray and herringbone look awesome together. She even managed to sneak in a super cute necklace without making it too busy. I took away a lot of inspiration from this look!
Find Preeti on Instagram: @preets09
Unfortunately the infamous vest is sold out on the J.Crew Factory website and it doesn't look like they will be restocking it. However, if you like the look of the vest, there are a few options to consider:
Pretty close! But not exactly a budget option.
The Walmart Women's Puffer Vest - A steal for $16!
I have seen some ladies get crafty and add some black trim to their vest which makes it look just like the J.Crew version!
Old Navy Quilted Tweed Puffa Vest - $40
While this isn't herringbone, I also really like tweed and I think this vest would look awesome styled any of the ways shown above!
Target / Mossimo Junior's Vest - $35
Same story as above...it's not THE vest, but it's an amazing one and could be styled so many ways! I think it's absolutely adorable.
Hope all of your fall vest dreams come true.
Happy October!
The Walmart Women's Puffer Vest - A steal for $16!
I have seen some ladies get crafty and add some black trim to their vest which makes it look just like the J.Crew version!
Old Navy Quilted Tweed Puffa Vest - $40
While this isn't herringbone, I also really like tweed and I think this vest would look awesome styled any of the ways shown above!
Target / Mossimo Junior's Vest - $35
Same story as above...it's not THE vest, but it's an amazing one and could be styled so many ways! I think it's absolutely adorable.
Hope all of your fall vest dreams come true.
Happy October!










I looove this vest, I might have to snatch up the Walmart one. For $16, why not?
ReplyDeleteI feel so lucky to have snagged it! I haven't seen the Walmart one in person....my stores don't seem to have it...but I have seen lots of my friends on Instagram with it and it looks great on them when they dress it up!
DeleteLove your review...that pop of pink with the big pearls is so cute.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely! Loved that look as soon as I saw it!
DeleteAlready loved how you styled your vest but totally thankful of how you included options!
ReplyDelete-Jenny, DaisyGem
Thanks Jenny!
DeleteI love how you styled yours! Mixing prints is always so fun---your gingham shirt works perfectly here! I feel so lucky, too, to have found mine but those options you showed us are just as cute. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteMichelle
uffashionfiles.wordpress.com
Thank you so much Michelle!
Delete