Monday, October 14, 2013

Chambray All the Way

I am lucky to be teaming up with the beautiful Erin from Hart of Style today to show how we wear chambray two ways: dressed up and dressed down!
I think chambray is a fall wardrobe must, as it is just so versatile. Erin and I couldn't decide if we wanted to collaborate to show how we dress it up or dress it down...and eventually we decided to do both!

Dressed Up:


I am crazy about Erin's dressed up look! I love how she layered her owl sweater with her chambray, and how she paired it with her patterned Ann Taylor pants.  I love everything she chose to include in her look!
Check out Erin's blog for her full outfit details.

As for me, I decided to try the sequin top trick after seeing it on Pinterest. Basically, you layer a sequin tank or shirt over a button up like you would a vest - but instead it gives you a sparkly layer under a blazer! 


The tank top over the button up looks pretty ridiculous before you put the blazer on. My boyfriend was really questioning my fashion sense when he saw me walking around the house with the tank top on over my shirt. 


Shirt: Old Navy (old) (similar, similar) // Sequin Tank: Old Navy // Blazer: Bluenotes (old) (similar) // Pants: Nine West via SteinMart // 
Bag: Coach // Watch: Michael Kors // Bracelets: Stella and Dot and Tiffany // Shoes: BCBG via Marshalls (old) (similar) (similar)

Dressed Down:


Military style anything is one of my favorite things in stores right now, so I love how Erin paired her chambray with her green vest. I also really dig rubber boots for fall and her Coach ones are adorable!
Full outfit details for Erin are up on her blog!
Fall in Canada should really just be called "pre-winter" seeing as it has been super chilly here already! So I decided to pair my chambray with a thick scarf to keep warm for my dressed down look.


I got this scarf from Little Burgundy last winter and I love it. I also grabbed the beige one. It's a really long infinity scarf that can be worn looped twice or three times like I have worn it here. 


Shirt: Old Navy (old) (similarsimilar) // Leggings: Nine West via SteinMart // 
Scarf: Little Burgundy (old) (similar) // Watch: Fossil // Bracelet: J.Crew // Boots: Spring (old) (similar) (similar)

Big thanks to Erin for suggesting we collaborate - be sure to stop by her blog and check out her  Instagram!
Hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't we live closer? We could share closets. Love both of these looks. I want to toy with the sequin tank thing but haven't had a chance. (It's still a million degrees here in Florida. Seriously, today I was in shorts + t-shirt and I was sweating to death. Literally.)

    ReplyDelete