Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Lumberjack

I am on a plaid kick right now like no one's business.
Polka dots are usually the first thing I gravitate towards, but for now, they are on the back burner. I have been stocking up on plaid button down shirts and scarves and finding them all really easy to style.

I also can't believe that puffer vests are trendy again - but I am a sucker for anything versatile that can be worn a zillion different ways - so I am on the vest bandwagon.

Luckily, plaid and vests go together to create something I like to call "lumberjack chic."
Not in real life though. 



I was on the hunt for the perfect plaid flannel shirt. I wanted one that had red as the dominant color, and although I found a few I didn't mind...I actually found what I was looking for in the mens section at Old Navy. My advice if you can't find what you're looking for: try borrowing from the boys!



I saw Vanessa from The Brunette Salad carrying this bag and I had to have it. 
It looks very similar to the Phillip Lim Pashli I have been ogling for months...but within my budget. 


Shirt: Old Navy (Mens) // Vest: Old Navy // Leggings: Calvin Klein // Necklace: J.Crew Factory //
 Bag: Danier Leather // Boots: Spring // Sunnies: Ray-Ban

My puppies decide to help out with the picture taking.



No Scottie dogs or wannabe fashion bloggers were hurt in the taking of these photos while playing in train traffic.

Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

  1. Love the look! Happy I could help you find a "Pashli" ;) Vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the same flannel from the Old Navy's Men's section a few weeks ago, it is ridiculously soft and cozy! I can't stop wearing it =) Love those boots too!

    xo,
    Ray
    Four Season Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I just wish the arms were so huge on guys stuff and it would be perfect!

      Delete