Friday, October 4, 2013

Gingham Layers

Happy Friday once again!

So I put myself on a spending freeze at the beginning of September. It didn't go so well, seeing as I still bought stuff. I got three Phillip Lim bags (obsessed), the Phillip Lim leopard scarf, the checked blanket scarf from Zara, a pair of leopard heels from Target, a camel blazer from Target, and a plaid button down from J.Crew Factory. No Spend September = failure.
While my so-called spending freeze didn't really stop me from spending altogether, it did make me stop and think about what I was purchasing. All of the above items are things I am going to use/wear a lot, and I put a lot of thought into each of them before pulling the trigger. 
While my no spend challenge wasn't a success for September, it made me more conscious about what I was actually buying overall.
I am continuing my spending freeze (which basically means not buying everything I see - but still buying the odd thing) until December. I want to be able to buy the people I love some nice Christmas gifts!

So, it's really cold here this morning. There is frost on everything and I saw snowflakes yesterday. For real.
It isn't parka weather yet though, so luckily I can still get away with wearing outfits like this!


I am glad gingham is still on trend for this fall, seeing as I have this shirt in three colors. I never really wore them that much last winter when I bought them because I didn't really know how to style them...but now I have lots of ideas!


I snapped up this black gingham button up, as well as a green one, on clearance at Old Navy for $8 each. I hope they come out with more colors this year.


Here is a shot of my neck bling.
Notice there isn't any.
Why?
Because I am completely disenchanted with all of my necklaces right now!
I keep putting them on and then taking them off because I am tired of wearing them. 
I keep looking at all of the ones available on Groopdealz or Very Jane and I am not really interested in any the ones being sold right now. 
This is a drastic change from springtime when I was obsessed with everything I saw and wanted ALL of it. 
Anyone else feel the same?


Sweater: Old Navy (old) (similar) / Shirt: Old Navy (old) (similar) / Pants: Rock and Republic via Nordstrom Rack / Watch: Fossil /
 Bag: Phillip Lim for Target / Flats: Tory Burch 

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I am off to my cousin's wedding in Winnipeg!
Fingers crossed for no snow.
Photography by Kimberley Massey

1 comment:

  1. I have two gingham shirts that I bought at TJ Maxx or Marshalls during the spring. They're bright colors and I really wish I had a couple in darker colors like black or navy. Or burgundy! Ooooooohhh...

    Anyway, love how you styled this dear! Send some of your cold weather this way. Florida is too hot! Wah!

    ReplyDelete