My third look for New Years Eve is about looking dressy but casual.
For the past few years, I have always gone to a hockey game on NYE, so I put this look together with that in mind. I think this ensemble would work for going to the game without being too overdressed, but it makes me feel "pulled together" enough to go out for drinks after.
For the past few years, I have always gone to a hockey game on NYE, so I put this look together with that in mind. I think this ensemble would work for going to the game without being too overdressed, but it makes me feel "pulled together" enough to go out for drinks after.
I have this open front blazer in three colors: black, wine and blush.
As much as I love fitted blazers, these have a sort of comfy cardigan feel to them but they are still perfect for work or for wearing out.
The best part? They were all under $25 because I picked them up from unlikely places like Bluenotes and Stitches (both Canadian retailers...but I would say the US equivalent would be something like Wet Seal or Charlotte Russe.) While I would never buy a pair of shoes or jewelry from these places because they fall apart about five minutes later, I do give the clothing a chance, because while many of it is cheaply made or ill-fitting, the odd time you can find something that is well made and will last. These blazers are a perfect example!
It conveniently snowed the only time I had a spare second to take some photos. At least I know what I'll look like with white hair when I'm an old lady.






Such a super cute look for New years. I hope you have a great one.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! Same to you!
DeleteSuper cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks Maria!
DeleteSuper cute! Love the wine, black and leopard combination :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Mon!
DeleteLOVE the color of that blazer! It's perfect! I've been following you on instagram for a while and finally checked out your blog--love it and your style!
ReplyDelete-Julia
www.julia-daily.com
Thanks so much Julia!
Delete